Wash your hands:
We are constantly touching phones, computers, our faces, shaking hands, etc and this is good breeding time for bacteria and microbes. It's important to observe good hygiene whether you eat with your hands or with cutlery. Eat without distractions and in a calm environment. This means, no TV, no phones and no heated discussions around the table either. Your emotions have a direct effect on your appetite and digestion. In fact, the best way to eat is actually in silence while placing all your love and awareness of your food. Engage all your senses in eating as the food is being converted into information and essential energy for the body, so allow your brain to fully register the process of digestion. Eat slowly, not too fast nor too slow. Chew, Chew Chew your food, they say at least 32 times. This ensures that your saliva helps to break down your food well thus aiding in the process of digestion. Our mouths are the starting point for the digestion process, so take smaller mouthfuls. In Ayurveda, they say that you should eat only to 70% of your stomachs capacity. The remaining 30% should be left empty for the liquids and space and also for the disdain process to take place.